Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Learning to Love Chaos

Hello Blog World! Sorry for the absence in the last couple of weeks. Things have been getting hectic here in Rome. We currently have exactly two weeks left and I cannot believe how fast this trip has gone by. This past week we were in Venice for four days and it was absolutely incredible. I promise to have a few posts about it soon. These next two weeks will be chaotic and full of fun events, a TON of homework/presentations, and a visit from my sister. I cannot wait to show her around my city and have her meet all of the friends I have made here. We are so stoked to celebrate Easter in Rome and see Papa Francesco!


While everyone here gets upset at the thought of going home, I am learning to love every moment that I am here while I can but also embracing (and dare I say relishing?) in the fact that I will be home again. It will be so great to see my friends, family and boyfriend again. I miss my dog, the kids I babysit for, my junior high youth group, and In-n-Out. While this entire experience has been incredible, I am reminded in the many events I have missed at home. All four of my best friends turned 21 while I was gone, there were 6 birthdays in my family, my aunt beat cancer (YAY!), my boyfriend's grandma got diagnosed with cancer (BOO), I registered for senior year (when in the world did that happen?) and have a weight lifting class with both of my freshman roommates.


In Venice, Danielle and I spent time walking along the lagoon and discussing time. How quickly it goes now that we are in college. How fast our siblings are growing up. How it only seems to move faster as the years go on. Tonight while taking down laundry, God displayed the most beautiful sunset and I couldn't help but pause in my task. He had put a clear reminder for me to stop and enjoy the moments. Enjoy the sunsets in Rome, late night talks with a friend, a quick trip to the park with homework in tow, and especially the entire opportunity I have to study in a foreign country.


But enough of the mushy gushy (as Ryan calls it). I hope to be more diligent in my blog posts, but if that doesn't happen, remember that I am enjoying life (not behind a screen). Go do the same!


 photo BelovedSimplicitySignature_zps9dca96ca.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment