Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Thoughts

Today was one of those days that is hot and miserable, making you not want to do anything but swim and sip on an icy beverage. Having started my last ever semester of undergrad, my life has already become full of non-stop to do lists.

 Oat and berry muffins

Since I haven't posted in awhile, here is an update on my life. In August I found out about multiple food allergies I have which could explain my skin issues. I am allergic to wheat, corn, soy, sesame seed, walnuts, peanuts, and shrimp. This is alongside my previous allergies of tomatoes, potatoes, carrots and celery. Learning to make sure I get the enough of the right food while avoiding the bad food has been a journey. But I am dedicated to keep my skin healthy. I have been trying out different recipes that will satisfy.

Freshman Year vs Senior Year with these lovelies

I am finishing up my last semester of school with 15 units. I have a weight class (yes.. i put off my PE until senior year) that is absolute killer on my body but so amazing for my mind. I am also taking a class on stress & coping and I cannot wait to put everything I learn to good use.


Outside of school I am working two jobs and loving them both. I recently started a new job at my church and love learning the behind the scenes of Children's Ministry. It definitely keeps me busy since I am either at work or at school. But I know it will all be worth it once I have graduated.

Wedding projects with my besties!

Ryan and I just hit the 3 month countdown on Sunday and it is definitely giving me a wake up call on all I have still to do. This is where my anal list making personality is coming in handy (and driving me crazy). I have list after list for every aspect of the wedding and what needs to be confirmed, bought, made and passed off to others so I don't go insane. Through all of this craziness, sometimes we have to remind ourselves to pause, take a breath, and enjoy being engaged to one another. Date nights are not as often as we would like, but it's still nice to unplug and have a real conversation about life.


We are so excited for the journey we have ahead of us. In the meantime, I will try to enjoy (and not stress about) the crazy busy life I am leading for the next 3 months. Hopefully I'll be able to keep my blog somewhat updated and enjoy the action of putting my thoughts out for you all to read. Enjoy the rest of this overly hot week!
 photo BelovedSimplicitySignature_zps9dca96ca.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment